Quick revision of Current Affairs
For the month of
To download in Pdf click HERE JUNE 2018 Pdf PART 1
Video lecture of this topic in also available on our YouTube channel www.youtube.com/c/gyandarpaniasacademy
- Malabar Exercise 2018: India, Japan, US & to be held off coast of Guam in Philippine Sea.
- India’s First Advanced Forensic Lab “Sakhi Suraksha Advanced DNA Forensic Laboratory” dedicated to women related cases to come up in
- Taj Declaration: To Beat Plastic Pollution adopted in Agra.
- 8500 Crore Bailout Package for Sugar Industry Approved. India is world’s second largest sugar producer after Brazil.
- Andhra Pradesh: First state to use auto-disable syringes for all clinical purposes.
- Maiden test Next Generation SFDR Air to Air Missile successfully conducted by DRDO. SDFR: Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) propulsion Technology being jointly developed by India and Russia.
- ASSOCHAM-NEC study on “Electricals & Electronics Manufacturing in India”: India recycles only 5% of its e-waste and the country is one of the biggest contributors of e-waste in the world.
- IBSA Ministerial Meet held at Pretoria, South Africa. IBSA Declaration on South-South Cooperation was also released.
- Operation NISTAR: Indian Navy successfully evacuates 38 Indian Nationals from Yemen.
- RIMPAC 2018: 26 countries including India to participate in biennial exercise in US. Theme: “Capable, Adaptive, Partners.”
- Financial Literacy Week started from June 4 with the theme ‘Customer Protection’.
- Maternal mortality drops to 130: Maternal Mortality is death of a woman while pregnant or within 42 days of termination of pregnancy. It is counted as death of such women per 100,000 live births. Lowest: Kerala < MH < TN Highest: ASSAM > UP/UK > RAJ.
- Queen Pineapple declared as State Fruit of Tripura.
- Friendship Medal: China awards its first highest state honour to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Government inks $500 million loan agreement with World Bank to finance Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
- Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana: Health Insurance Scheme Launched by Odisha for Journalists.
- India receives first shipment of cheapest LNG from Gazprom Russia. Qatar is biggest supplier of Natural Gas to India.
- ICGS C 439: Interceptor ship commissioned by Indian Coast Guard at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- June 8: World Oceans Day. Theme: Beat Plastic Pollution’
- Arvind Saxena appointed as acting Chairman of UPSC.
- Dhanush artillery gun: India’s first indigenous, long-range artillery gun.
- Global Peace Index 2018: Released by Sydney-based think tank Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP). India ranks 136th(Last year 137th ).
- Qingdao declaration: SCO summit adopts declaration calling for 3-year plan to combat terrorism.
- Credit Enhancement Fund: Government to launch Rs.500 crore fund to facilitate infrastructure investments by insurance and pension funds. It will be sponsored by IIFCL (India Infrastructure Finance Company). It will operate as a non-banking finance company (NBFC). IIFCL will hold 22.5% stake while Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has been offered by the Government to pick up 10% stake.
- 5 countries elected as non-permanent members of UNSC: South Africa, Indonesia, Dominican Republic, Germany and Belgium.
- Berne Convention: For Protection of Literary and Artistic Works. India submits declaration.
- India’s Sunil Chhetri becomes joint second highest international goal scorer among active players along with Argentine superstar footballer Lionel Messi.
- India to host first BIMSTEC military exercise in Pune, Maharashtra.
- 12 June: World Day against Child Labour. Theme is ‘Generation Safe & Healthy’.
- S Ramesh, new Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- Nepal-Bharat Maitri Irrigation Project: Launched in 2017 to boost growth to Himalayan nation’s agricultural sector through enhanced facilities.
- International Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) will be held in Kathmandu.
- Rohin Commission: To examine extent of inequitable distribution of benefits of reservation among castes included in broad category of OBCs, especially with reference to OBCs included in Central list.
- June 14: World Blood Donor Day. Theme: ‘Be there for someone else. Give blood. Share life.
- ‘Seva Bhoj Yojna’: The Ministry of Culture, Government of India has introduced a new scheme namely ‘Seva Bhoj Yojna’. Aim: to reimburse the Central Government share of Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Integrated Goods and Service Tax (IGST)so as to lessen the financial burden of such Charitable Religious Institutions who provide Food/Prasad/Langar (Community Kitchen)/Bhandara free of cost without any discrimination to Public/Devotees.
- TCS becomes first company to close trading with over Rs 7 trillion market cap.
- Peggy Whitson: NASA’s record-breaking spacewoman retires as astronaut (Record of total 665 days in space).
- EPIC planet: Scientists from Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad have discovered for first time distant planet revolving around Sun-like star.
- AH-64E Apache attack helicopters: US Government approves sale of AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to India.
- DRDO Turns Pinaka Rocket System Into Guided Missile.
- The Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) meeting took place at Jurmala, Latvia and Latvia assumed chairmanship of NSG for 2018-19.