Quick revision of Current Affairs
For PCS 2018
To download in Pdf click HERE Current Affairs Punjab PCS 2018 Pdf Part 1
For More Video Visit..
YouTube channel www.youtube.com/c/gyandarpaniasacademy
- Punjab to bring OTS(One Time Settlement ) scheme for sick industrial units.
- The Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) has announced to install 20,000 solar pumps in four years across the state under the solar hydro pumping project.
- Punjab collect Rs 37K-crore labour cess, 75% unspent.
- Punjab Health Department will conduct Measles Rubella Vaccination campaign from May 1 as part of National strategy to eliminate Measles and control Rubella in the country.
- PWD JOINS TANDARUST PUNJAB MISSION: LARGE SCALE TREE PLANTATION ALONG RURAL LINK ROADS SOON. GEO-TAGGING OF TREES UNDER CONSIDERATION.
- Smart classes in Punjab Government schools be commence soon.
- More than 30 towns and cities in Punjab have made it to the top 100 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) of the country in the latest ranking of the ‘Swachh Sarvekshan’,
- The entire rural area of Punjab has been declared open defecation free (ODF).
- The government had announced to impose Rs 200 per month Punjab State Development Tax in the budget session last month. It will be imposed on the income tax payees, who are engaged in professions, trades, callings and employments, earning Rs 30,000 per month and above.
- Punjab Govt changed the name of Shagun Scheme to Aashirwad Scheme. Punjab state govt. It aims to provide financial assistance for the Marriage of the girl Child. Under the Shagun Scheme, the government is providing 15,000 as a financial assistance for marriage of daughter belongs from the poor family in the state. But this financial aid only for those girls who are above 18 years.
- Punjab to shut down 1,647 ‘financially unviable’ sewa kendras
- PUNJAB TO GO DIGITAL IN PROPERTY REGISTRATION: CM TO LAUNCH THE NGDRS IN AMRITSAR. NGDRS: National Generic Document Registration System.
- PUNJAB RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND PANCHAYAT DEPT BAGS 6 SILVER SKOCH AWARDS.
- SWACHH BHARAT SURVEY: PB TOPS LIST IN NORTH ZONE. Punjab’s national level rank has also improved with the state finishing amongst top 10. Out of total four Zonal award categories, two cities of Punjab — Bhadson and Moonak — have bagged cleanest city and best city in citizen feedback award respectively in north India zone in Swachh Survekshan 2018 results
- Amritsar, the city of Golden Temple will soon get Rs 100 croresfor the execution of various development works.
- A business incubation training centre would be established at the Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IIFPT) in Bathinda to help farmers.
- PUNJAB TO SIGN MOU WITH PRSC TO CHECK ILLEGAL CONSTRUCTIONS. PRSC: Punjab Remote Sensing Centre Ludhiana.
- SGPC to introduce eco-friendly carry bags at Golden Temple. SGPC has roped in NGO Dalbir Foundation, which has offered to provide cornstarch bags to replace plastic ones.
- Punjab govt to offer 45000 jobs under Ghar Ghar Rozgar scheme.
- PPCB to adopt Seechewal model for cleaning village ponds.
- Noted environmentalist Balbir Singh Seechewal, is credited with rejuvenation of the 160-km-long Kali Bein rivulet, which originates in Hoshiarpur and traverses the Doaba region to join the Sutlej-Beas confluence near Harike wetland.
- A P J Abdul Kalam had cited Seechewal model to rejuvenate and revive Vishwamitri River while releasing a project proposal of ‘Vaho Vishwamitri Abhiyaan’.
- Vaho Vishwamitri Abhiyan is a campaign with social interest at large which offers a scientifically organized security of a beautiful future. The Abhiyan aims to develop a ‘Bioshield’ starting from Pavagadh hill to Bay of Khambhat throughout the length of river Vishwamitri.
- Journalists holding yellow cards in Punjab to get accidental insurance cover worth Rs 5 lakh.
- Punjab’s power subsidy bill set to cross Rs 10,000 crore mark.
- Punjab’s government schools could soon teach sports as a subject from Class I, instead of VI.
- Milkha to flag off marathon at Gidderbaha.
- Narcotics seizure up 300% in 5 yrs. Punjab sees maximum opium recovery, second in heroin after Gujarat.
- Rs 14-cr power substation for Golden Temple will be set up by by the SGPC in technical collaboration with Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL)
- Air pollution: Punjab PPCB to challenge CPCB report in which eight cities of the state have been listed among the most polluted in terms of air pollution over a period of five years from 2010. Punjab had been placed at the third slot followed by Maharashtra (with 17 cities) and Uttar Pradesh (15 cities). The eight cities of Punjab that were included in the list were Dera Bassi, Gobindgarh, Jalandhar, Khanna, Ludhiana, Naya Nangal, Dera Baba Nanak and Patiala. Till date, the state has four ambient air quality monitoring stations installed at Amritsar, Ludhiana, Mandi Gobindgarh and Patiala along with 24 air monitoring stations in urban areas and four in rural areas.
- Chairman of the PPCB KS Pannu
- In the health index report released by NITI Aayog, Punjab ranked at 2nd position amongst the 21 larger states in India. Kerala was at the the top position.
- Khelo India School Games: Punjab secured 7th rank. Punjab won 35 medals, including 10 Gold, 5 Silver and 20 Bronze medals.
- Shubman Gill was the Man of the Series in the U-19 cricket world cup. He was born at Fazilka and currently resides in Mohali.
- Nachhattar won the Sahitya Akademi Award for Punjabi language in the year 2017 for his novel Slow Down.
- The current governor of Punjab is VP Singh Badnore.
- Punjab has been conferred the Krishi Karman Award 2015-16 for best performance in raising the country’s food grain production.
- Navjot Kaur became first Indian woman wrestler to win gold medal in Senior Asian Championships. She belongs to Bagrian village in Tarn Taran district.
- Raghbir Singh Khandpur from Punjab was given National Award during National Science Day 2018. He is former director general of Pushpa Gujral Science City at Kapurthala.
- Sangat and Pangat was the theme of Punjab’s tableau in the Repulic Day Parade 2018.
- Punjab’s Most Polluted city as per WHO Report: PATIALA