Prelims GS Paper 1
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
Prelims GS Paper 2 (CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level)
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. (Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
Paper A : Indian Language – UPSC Syllabus. One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution. This paper will not be compulsory for candidates hailing from the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim
Paper B: English Language
Essay – UPSC Syllabus. Can be taken in the language of choice. Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics. They will be expected to keep closely to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in orderly fashion and to write concisely. Credit will be given for effective and exact expression.
General Studies-I – UPSC Syllabus. (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
General Studies-II – UPSC Syllabus (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
General Studies-III – UPSC Syllabus (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
General Studies-IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Optional – Paper 1 And 2 which is to be selected by aspirant according to his/her wish